Ilga Lega's Skin of the Sea sleeveless top reflects the movement of the sea as it ripples and curls.
It is worked sideways in a combination of eyelet rows and Indian Cross Stitch. The bottom border, front bands and collar are picked up and knitted at the end. It is an edge to edge design that can be fastened with a pin.
There are 6 sizes as follows:
* Extra Small : 31" bust and 20" in length
* Small : 35" bust and 21.5" in length
* Medium : 39" bust and 21.5" in length
* Large : 43" bust and 23" in length
* 1X : 49" bust and 25" in length
* 2X : 53" bust and 27" in length
* 3X : 58" bust and 28.5" in length
You will need between 500 - 1531 yards of a light weight worsted yarn in silk, wool, cotton, rayon or linen. You will also need US#6 and #8 needles, stitch markers and blocking wires and pins.
There are 5 double sided pattern pages plus a front page showing the design in full color. The whole thing is housed in a polythene sleeve ready punched for filing.
Please click on the thumbnails to enlarge the views.